* SMC Ultra 16 combo
@ 1995-12-08  9:58 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1995-12-08  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The card has options available via the setup programme it comes with
> to select
> 	10BASE-T or BNC
> 	10BASE-T or AUI
> 	Twisted Pair - No Link Integrity
> I have such a card set to '10BASE-T or BNC' and it auto-senses which
> cable is active correctly.
>
> For those of you wondering, the support for this card is available in
> the current diskette set and the source changes are available for pick-up
> by FTP. The card was not supported in the original distribution and is
> only mentioned in the 'What We Use' document (sadly out of date, available
> through the FAQ at http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/plan9/plan9faq.html) as a
> card which is not supported.

Yes, I should have read CHANGES.txt shouldn't I! It was the Ultra
that mattered not the combo.

* SMC Ultra 16 combo
@ 1995-12-07 19:09 jim

Sender: cse.psu.edu!owner-9fans

Has anyone had any success with the SMC 16 bit WD8013 compatible
cards with combo connectors? The card is set to BNC/TP and I'm
connected via TP. I'm wondering if it needs to be told to TP, or
whether it really does auto-sense?

* SMC Ultra 16 combo
@ 1995-12-07 14:51 Nigel