* Tseng ET4000/W32P PCI card?
@ 1995-12-21 11:19 Peter
From: Peter @ 1995-12-21 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone made the vgaET4000.c driver work for the PCI version?
Plan9 seems to think everying's OK, but the screen goes blank.
It's as though there's an extra bit that needs setting to turn on
the video output, or perhaps the I/O map is different.
I have exactly the same problem with xfree86 under Linux.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with any working PCI VGA card.
(8 1/2 is pretty feeble at 640x480x1)

* Tseng ET4000/W32P PCI card?
@ 1995-12-27 17:49 jim
From: jim @ 1995-12-27 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote the code using a Hercules Dynamite Power PCI with 2Mb and I use that
system every day. Make sure you have the latest aux/vga  and lib/vgadb fixes,
there were some bugs introduced when Hercules changed the RAMDAC on the board.

If you can supply the brand of card, chip types and BIOS id string it would help
in tracking down the problem. I'm assuming here that you have followed the usual
debug procedure for vga problems and have determined there's no error message
lurking in the dark at the end of your screen.

Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.