* plan 9 general info
@ 1995-12-24  1:44 Roberto
From: Roberto @ 1995-12-24  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Just a few quick questions.. hope you guys can help..

1. I understand the successor to Plan 9 will be 'Brasil'. Does anyone
know about the status of this project, and whether Brasil will superced
Plan9, or if they are parallel projects?

2. Where does SAM fit in comapred to Acme? Which came first? I assume
everybody uses Acme these days?

3. The site www.plan9.com looks promising. I am assuming than at&t will
be marketing plan9 more agressively, maybe setting up a seperate comany?
Or am i completely wrong, and some provate user has registered plan9.com
?

Thanks

* plan 9 general info
@ 1995-12-27 16:21 Dave
From: Dave @ 1995-12-27 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

1. brazil not brasil.  If it becomes public it will most likely
be under another guise, like a system for set top cable boxes.
We continue to make Plan 9 fixes/changes public though we aren't
actively working on it.

2. sam came first, many people use acme, many don't.  acme is much more
than a sam replacement, its a way of life.

3. www.plan9.com has nothing to do with us.  All our cruft is under
http://plan9.att.com/plan9/index.html.

AT&T is breaking up, and the plan 9 intellectual property goes to the
systems & technology company (not AT&T which will be the services
company).  We will arm salesman in the new company with Uzi's and
ice picks.  That aggressive enough?

Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.