* u9fs, auth
@ 1996-01-03  0:20 Christopher.Vance
From: Christopher.Vance @ 1996-01-03  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using u9fs as my file server.  My Plan 9 PC is not a dedicated machine
and runs some other pseudo-OS when I'm not using it.

I do not have a cpu server to run a real auth.srv on, but do have Pace
Willisson's ilgate and an appropriate implementation of encrypt.

Has anybody got ilgate running using tcp or udp instead of il?  I imagine
this isn't too hard - or is there a problem I haven't thought of which
makes this silly or impossible?

Has anybody modified u9fs to use real Plan 9 authentication instead of
Berkeley rstuff?  I guess this means taking some code from fs and
remodelling it to the u9fs procedural and I/O structure?

Ideas?

-- Christopher

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-03  0:20 UTC | newest]