* prep 22 error
@ 1996-01-14 13:00 Andy
From: Andy @ 1996-01-14 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could someone please help me as I'm trying to get Plan 9 installed?

I've tried installing Plan 9 on two different machines with exactly
the same results.  One, a Gateway 2000 Pentium 90, Western Digital and
Seagate HDs, Vivitron 17" monitor.  The other, a Gateway 2000
P90, Maxtor HD, Vivitron 15" monitor.

Everything goes well until I reboot and try installing from the 3
floppies.  Once I try that, I get a "prep 22" error which should be
indicative of not enough disk space, but I know that both the HDs that
I've tried to install on have at least 500MB free!

I've tried playing around with the different HDs with various partition
configurations, all with no luck whatsoever.  I'm at a loss for what to
do next.

Please help.

Thank you,
Andy Biewer

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-14 13:00 UTC | newest]