* Anyone got a copy of Plan 9 ?
@ 1996-01-27 21:47 Mitch
From: Mitch @ 1996-01-27 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know I can get a copy from AT&T's url
but am having problems. I think I can fix them but
it also will be a royal pain to try and copy the first disk
under dos.

Can anyone email me a copy of Plan 9 and a program
that will put the 1st disk image onto disk through MS_DOS ?

Thanks in advance

Mitch
mitch@aardvark.apana.org.au
Todays Quote:
'Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen."  As a queen she was a success.
 When Elizabeth exposed herself before her troops they all shouted
"hurrah." Then her navy went out and defeated the Spanish Armadillo. '

* Anyone got a copy of Plan 9 ?
@ 1996-01-31 13:41 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1996-01-31 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I know I can get a copy from AT&T's url
> but am having problems. I think I can fix them but
> it also will be a royal pain to try and copy the first disk
> under dos.
>
> Can anyone email me a copy of Plan 9 and a program
> that will put the 1st disk image onto disk through MS_DOS ?
When you get through to plan9.att.com you will find a link to a
program called putimg.exe which does it. Otherwise, try
ftp://ftp.cs.york.ac.uk/pub/plan9/ngr/ncr/9free for an old but
workable version of the demo which happens to also include a driver
for the NCR 53c8xx SCSI chip. The truth is you'll need to contact
plan9 to get all the document son how to install everything.

> Todays Quote:
> 'Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen."  As a queen she was a success.
>  When Elizabeth exposed herself before her troops they all shouted
> "hurrah." Then her navy went out and defeated the Spanish Armadillo. '

Nigel Roles

* Anyone got a copy of Plan 9 ?
@ 1996-01-28 23:53 Will
From: Will @ 1996-01-28 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mitch (mitch@aardvark.apana.ORG.AU) wrote:
: I know I can get a copy from AT&T's url
: but am having problems. I think I can fix them but
: it also will be a royal pain to try and copy the first disk
: under dos.

: Can anyone email me a copy of Plan 9 and a program
: that will put the 1st disk image onto disk through MS_DOS ?

Rawrite works fine, and is in most archives (and I suspect most
Linux distributions).

Will
cwr@crash.cts.com