* new stuff
@ 1996-02-16 18:54 jim
From: jim @ 1996-02-16 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot, Mitsumi ATAPI drives are also OK.

* new stuff
@ 1996-02-16 18:43 jim
From: jim @ 1996-02-16 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are new boddles available on plan9.att.com, see the CHANGES.txt file
for all the details. Briefly

  cmd/aux/vga/824494834.rc:
	The usual shotgun blast of fixes/changes, most pertain to fixes for
	the ARK2000 cards (Hercules Stingray 64 Video and the Diamond Stealth64
	Graphics 2xx1).

	New support for cards with the S3 Vision 968 + IBM RGB524 RAMDAC
	(STB Velocity 64 Video and #9 Motion 771).

	NOTE: you must make a change in the mkfile, see the comment therein.

  9/pc/824494421.rc:
	Some inconsistent declarations and ever more fiddling trying to recognise
	ATAPI drives. Drives that have worked OK for me are
		Toshiba 5302B	(4X)
		Sony CSD-760E	(4X)
		Teac CD-56E	(6X)
		Wearnes CDE-1200(2X)
	Spectacular failures
		any NEC drive
		SANYO CRD-254P
		Hitachi CDR-7730
	The latter two don't appear to honour the ATAPI 'specification'.

  9/port/824494162.rc:
	A few bug fixes and someinconsistent declarations.

  9/boot/824494004.rc:
	Some inconsistent declarations.

I've included two patches suggested on the mailing-list for better management
of bitmap resources, note that these changes are not part of our current source.