* Disco?
@ 1996-02-20  2:45 Reality
From: Reality @ 1996-02-20  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

The tech buzz was big and from respected places.  The
transition from internal, to mailing list, to moderated
newsgroup was impressive in its savvy.  Unfortunately
comp.os.plan9 is exciting as watching grass grow.  Maybe
strict access doesn't play well anymore.

And now I see rumors that the wunderflic is on the back burner
so people can blow on the kindling of Inferno.  Is that where
the beenies in Mr.C++.Spam's story went?  Did someone turn the
lab coats into disco suits?  Does my writing style need a major
overhaul?

--
Gary Johnson                   "The numbers themselves may be our best tools."
gjohnson@season.com            <a href="http://www.digicash.com">Fed flip?</a>

* Disco?
@ 1996-02-20 10:56 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1996-02-20 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>Maybe strict access doesn't play well anymore.

i suspect many potential contributors are frantically busy and
have only just enough time to answer the odd query (or sensible ones),
at least until there's a gap between projects.

on the other hand, at least the group hasn't been swamped by
``why isn't it just like the Amiga/Acorn/Apple/Microsoft/Linux+X11 operating system
i'm used to'', as has happened to a few other groups i read.