From: John D. Pritchard jdp@cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Inferno
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 16:30:41 -0500	[thread overview]

sounds like they must be.  but in all fairness, the computerworld article
said they have problems with the SEC and the formation of Lucent
Technologies, which the Labs will become part of.

but the fact that Inferno is not a language is obviously missed in the
computerworld article, and in the comments made there.

i would guess that Inferno wont be competing with Java, but maybe with
Netscape and purveyors of Java derivatives.