* beta indy kernel available for testing
@ 1996-03-01 16:49 steve
From: steve @ 1996-03-01 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

A limited (but functional) indy cpuserver kernel is now working.

The boddle is at ftp://ftp.ecf.toronto.edu/pub/plan9/steve/indy.bod
To apply the boddle, create /sys/src/9/indy, and copy all the files
from /sys/src/9/chm to it, then run the boddle and copy the new files
to /sys/src/9/indy.

This is a cpu kernel, so it does not support the Indy graphics.
It also has problems getting the ethernet address from the nvram,
so the ethernet driver (devseq.c) has been kludged to force the correct
address for my indy. You'll have to hardwire it for your system
until this is fixed. Just search for 'kludge' in devseq.c

Since this kernel is based on the 9chm kernel, they share the other
limitations listed in "The Various Ports".

My indy has an R4000SC cpu, so I'd be interested in hearing from people
with other cpus. Send comments to steve@ecf.toronto.edu please.

Thanks to forsyth, jmk, and presotto for their guidance.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-03-01 16:49 UTC | newest]