* QuickCam driver
@ 1996-03-07 17:42 beto
From: beto @ 1996-03-07 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I got a QuickCam on monday and transformed a
Linux program into a Plan 9 driver which serves
/dev/camera and /dev/focus. /dev/camera has
the same format than /dev/screen so most of
fb/* programs work well with it. For example,
to display some video
	while() drop '#C'/camera
or to get a bigger picture
	resample 1280 '#C'/camera | transpose .......... | 9v

It has all the limitation of QuickCams, but for
109$ is a nice toy. We found it good for producing
face files.

If any one is interested just let me know and
I'll post the driver.

* QuickCam driver
@ 1996-03-13 11:09 Serge
From: Serge @ 1996-03-13 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <96Mar6.222522est.78664@colossus.cse.psu.edu> you wrote:
: Hi,

: I got a QuickCam on monday and transformed a
: Linux program into a Plan 9 driver which serves
: /dev/camera and /dev/focus. /dev/camera has
: the same format than /dev/screen so most of
: fb/* programs work well with it. For example,
: to display some video
: 	while() drop '#C'/camera
: or to get a bigger picture
: 	resample 1280 '#C'/camera | transpose .......... | 9v

: It has all the limitation of QuickCams, but for
: 109$ is a nice toy. We found it good for producing
: face files.

: If any one is interested just let me know and
: I'll post the driver.

I'de like to get it.
Thanks in advance

--
	Serge S. Maleyev	    <serg@telecomm.tadiran.co.il>
	sysadmin at Tadiran Telecomm(Israel), System Control Dpt.

* QuickCam driver
@ 1996-03-12 15:24 Henner
From: Henner @ 1996-03-12 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

b > Hi,
b >
b > I got a QuickCam on monday and transformed a
b > Linux program into a Plan 9 driver which serves
b > /dev/camera and /dev/focus. /dev/camera has
b > the same format than /dev/screen so most of
b > fb/* programs work well with it. For example,
b > to display some video
b > 	while() drop '#C'/camera
b > or to get a bigger picture
b > 	resample 1280 '#C'/camera | transpose .......... | 9v
b >
b > It has all the limitation of QuickCams, but for
b > 109$ is a nice toy. We found it good for producing
b > face files.
b >
b > If any one is interested just let me know and
b > I'll post the driver.

Hello!

I'm very interested in this driver. After reading your posting,
I immediately ordered a QuickCam and now all I need is your
driver. Please mail it to me, or post it, or put it on a ftp
server and tell me from where I can get it.

Regards,

	Henner

P.S.: Please excuse my impatience - I send you a similiar mail on
friday, but haven't got an answer yet -, but I really `want' this
piece of software!

* QuickCam driver
@ 1996-03-07 18:07 John
From: John @ 1996-03-07 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I got a QuickCam on monday and transformed a
> Linux program into a Plan 9 driver which serves
> /dev/camera and /dev/focus. /dev/camera has
> the same format than /dev/screen so most of
> fb/* programs work well with it. For example,
> to display some video
> 	while() drop '#C'/camera
> or to get a bigger picture
> 	resample 1280 '#C'/camera | transpose .......... | 9v
>
> It has all the limitation of QuickCams, but for
> 109$ is a nice toy. We found it good for producing
> face files.
>
> If any one is interested just let me know and
> I'll post the driver.

please, sounds cool.