* process communication ?
@ 1996-03-27  7:50 Gunther
From: Gunther @ 1996-03-27  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've got a rather simple problem: What is the fastest way of
communication between two ordinary processes on plan9 on one or on
several machines. First I tried it through the server registry
/srv-directory, but it's rather slow. Then I thought using the
postnote-command would be appropriate. Yet the note-file of  a proc
allows only 64 bytes and sooner or later I guess I have to use the
IL or TCP/IP in order to communicate with processes on another
terminal. Unfortunately I am not which decision would be wiser.

So, it thanX if you can help me in this (simple) matter.

	gunther imeyer

* process communication ?
@ 1996-03-27 17:28 Steve
From: Steve @ 1996-03-27 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

on a single machine, you should try using the alef communication primitives
on several machines, I'd expect IL to out-perform TCP