* a driver for MPEG-1 playback card is available
@ 1996-03-30 20:19 Eran
From: Eran @ 1996-03-30 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

A driver for Talisman XL MPEG-1 playback card is available.

The driver was written by Eran Gabber of the Information Systems Research
Department at Bell Labs. It is derived from a FreeBSD driver by
Brian E. Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>.

Talisman XL is a hardware MPEG-1 playback card for ISA bus.
It displays full motion video in a VGA window and/or generates NTSC signal.
In particular, MPEG decoding, picture resizing and video overlay are all
done in hardware. However, it doesn't use DMA due to its complex architecture.

The driver is placed in the public domain.
It can be freely distributed, provided the copyright and
these terms are retained, in this and all derived works.
The driver is provided AS-IS, without any warranty.

The driver is NOT a part of the Plan9 distribution.
To install the driver, you should modify two kernel source files
(clock.c and fns.h).
This means that you will have to take some care in applying future patches
to these source files. See the installation instructions.

The driver was tested on Globalyst 630 PCs (100MHz and 120MHz)
and on a Micron Electronics Millennia (133MHz Pentium) running Plan9.

The driver is available from <http://cm.bell-labs.com/is/what/mpeg-driver>.
This page also points at a copyright disclaimer and installation instructions.
Please read both carefully.

Please send me your bug reports, comments, and suggestions.
If you use the driver, please send me a note.
I don't promise to support this driver, but I will do my best...

	Eran Gabber

Eran Gabber		 			E-mail: eran@bell-labs.com
Bell Labs, Room MH 2C-234A			http://cm.bell-labs.com/is/who/eran
600 Mountain Avenue				Phone:	1-908-582-4354
Murray Hill, NJ 07974				Fax:	1-908-582-5809

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-03-30 20:19 UTC | newest]