* Terminal...
@ 1996-03-30 20:30 Thomas
From: Thomas @ 1996-03-30 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I finally have a CPU server that is set up correctly.
At least it seems to know who it is and knows the password that
I set...

Any, now I'm having difficulty with the terminal:
The cpu server /sys/lib/auth file comes up with three entrys:

huygens Mar 30 10:27 t-fail authid 206.20.83.143
huygens Mar 30 10:27 t-fail hostid 206.20.83.143
huygens Mar 30 10:27 t-ok triemer 206.20.83.143

I logged in with triemer, giving my password.
huygens is the CPU/auth server.
I created triemer as an account on the fileserver, and set the password
on the cpu server.

I set the authid to "hegel".   Logging into the cpu server, it
automatically knows that it should log in as hegel... and will
only let me in with the appropriate password.  It mounts the
fileserver appropriatedly.

What is the relationships between authid, hostid, and user accounts.
I understand that the authid is what "binds" the fs and cpuserver together,
but how does a random terminal optain its authid, hostid?

Any thoughts at all are appreciated.
-Tom

---- Where theory and reality meet.
---- Thomas Riemer, triemer@wesleyan.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-03-30 20:30 UTC | newest]