* keyboard bug
@ 1996-04-02  5:47 Lucio
From: Lucio @ 1996-04-02  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> [ ... ]
> in the screen saying 'unknown key %d'.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've seen that message appear after disconnecting the keyboard (I
needed it on another system) and reconnecting it.  My gut feel is that
you have a slightly buggy keyboard controller, I have had trouble with
such, on occasion.

--
Lucio de Re (lucio@proxima.alt.za) -------------------------------------

* keyboard bug
@ 1996-04-02 18:54 beto
From: beto @ 1996-04-02 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <96Apr1.225832est.78436@colossus.cse.psu.edu>
	philw@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> which system?

Pentium 100Mh

> what kernel?

9pc, the version in the lastest CD.

* keyboard bug
@ 1996-04-02 18:19 beto
From: beto @ 1996-04-02 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've been leaving with a bug for quite a while and
I decided to share it with you.

The problem is that sometime I loose access to
the keyboard, which means that the system does not
process caracteres coming from the keyboard but it does
process already entered caracteres, as for example
when doing cut and paste. Most of the time the bug
appears after running a cpu-intensive job for a while.
Usually, before I loose the keyboard a message appears
in the screen saying 'unknown key %d'.

Any idea of how to fixed or where to look? I though
it could be an scheduling problem but there isn't
a process serving the keyboard, it's a KIOQ.

Any comments would be appreacited.

bye

* keyboard bug
@ 1996-04-02  3:58 philw