* plan9 implementation
@ 1996-04-10 22:54 Valerio
From: Valerio @ 1996-04-10 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

It is still looking for unpublished information
about plan9.  The most undocumented parts are memory
management, processes scheduling.
Since my first request for help I received I reply
with additional information (on file system) and many
requests of other students with my same problem.
Again if any of you can send me any information that is not
explicitly documented please send it to me. I will also
send copy to other guys in the need and make also the
short plan9 review available on my web page.
My impression is that the undocumented part are those that
probably are implemented in some standard way so that they
do not merit any special description (like a conference paper).
Anyway I need this kind of information too. You could send me just a
sentence stating what is the "well known" approach taken in plan9 for
a certain feature.
Also I read on an old 9fans email that it is allowed to send chunks of
code as long the entire system cannot be reconstructed. So if you
can send any specially meaningful piece of code (e.g. e piece of
the scheduler) I could include such code pieces in my paper and
of course understand better the implementation details.
Thanks a lot in advance.
ciao
Valerio

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-04-10 22:54 UTC | newest]