* plan 9 on DEC PC
@ 1996-04-12  0:12 ralph
From: ralph @ 1996-04-12  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just brought up Plan 9 on a DEC 466MTE.  This is a 486DX2/66, 256K L2
and a custom, on-board video.  I'm using a copy of the #9GXE Level-1[12]
config with the hwgc= removed.  Using hwgc=bt485hwgc gave me an invisible
cursor; with hwgc=s3hwgc I got a black screen...

Here is the vga stuff:

        0xC004C="S3 86C928/Bt485"
        link=vga
        ramdac=bt485-135
        ctrl=s3928 link=ibm8514
        clock=icd2061a link=s3clock

Btw, these machines are very nicely constructed.  The midi-tower box
has removable side panels, you can swap boards without having to move
your coffee cup...

------
mailto:rmuha@minimal.com        http://www.minimal.com/home.html

"Now I see it clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction.
I see that now. There never has been any choice for me..." - T.B.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-04-12  0:12 UTC | newest]