* Inferno info
@ 1996-04-12 16:53 Dave
From: Dave @ 1996-04-12 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks.  We're dualled homed and one of our network providers seems to be
having problems with the second address.  I'll remove it for now.

* Inferno info
@ 1996-04-13  9:58 Luther
From: Luther @ 1996-04-13  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996 02:41:16 -0400, Noel Hunt <noel@ee.usyd.EDU.AU>
wrote:
>> Penguin is a Perl module I will support on Plan 9...  eventually.
>
>The nightmare encroacheth ...

Well, I hadn't been planning on holding a gun to anyone's head and
making them using it . . .  at least until the beta testing was done.

Luther Huffman		lutherh@stratcom.com

* Inferno info
@ 1996-04-13  6:41 Noel
From: Noel @ 1996-04-13  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-04-12 11:50 Luther
From: Luther @ 1996-04-12 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-04-12  5:43 dhog
From: dhog @ 1996-04-12  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had a bit of trouble getting Netscape to look at plan9.bell-labs.com.
It seems that this domain name has 2 ip addresses, the first of which
isn't reachable (perhaps it's behind the firewall?).  This completely
stumps netscape, it doesn't even try the second address.  When I used
http://192.20.225.253/inferno/, everything was cool...

* Inferno info
@ 1996-04-12  4:38 Rob
From: Rob @ 1996-04-12  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Inferno is not an AT&T project, it's being done within Bell Labs,
hence Lucent Technologies. Thus the use of the bell-labs.com alias.
Eventually, the att.com address will not work to reach us.  All this
splitting of networks takes time, but we are doing our part by
promulgating the use of bell-labs.com.

-rob

* Inferno info
@ 1996-04-12  4:09 Jerry
From: Jerry @ 1996-04-12  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Have a look at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/inferno/

I looked at http://www.plan9.att.com/inferno

Very Lucent description...

# the following are aliases for the same machine.
#	achille.research.att.com
#	cs.research.att.com
#	www.cs.research.att.com
#	cs.att.com