* Unix and Plan9
@ 1996-04-16 16:33 Min
From: Min @ 1996-04-16 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

The system in Unix that I am porting to Plan9 has the following codes in
udp.c which implements the BSD internet interface and can handle IP,
UDP, UDP broadcast, and the Deering variations of IP and UDP.

udp.c:#include <sys/ioctl.h>
udp.c:  ioctl(udp_socket, SIOCGIFCONF, &ifc) - get network configuration
udp.c:  (void) ioctl(udp_socket, SIOCGIFFLAGS, ifr) - get flags
udp.c:  (void) ioctl(udp_socket, SIOCGIFADDR, ifr) - get network address
udp.c:  ioctl(udp_socket, SIOCGIFNETMASK, ifr) - get network mask
udp.c:  (void) ioctl(udp_socket, SIOCGIFBRDADDR, ifr) - get broadcast address

Also, read the gateway map table.
Could you please tell me how to get all information in Plan9?
So far, I know I can use ipinfo() to get some info. but not all of them.

Thank you very much

* Unix and Plan9
@ 1996-04-16 22:35 Min
From: Min @ 1996-04-16 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

The system I am porting is the distributed toolkit for easy implementing
distributed application on Unix. The system is built on the top of Unix.
We built a MUTS layer on top of Unix which This implements the BSD internet interface for HORUS.  It can handle IP,
 * UDP, UDP broadcast, and the Deering variations of IP and UDP.
The system use unix ioctl to get network information.
I am trying to use plan9 ape pcc to make it run on plan9.

* Unix and Plan9
@ 1996-04-16 20:30 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1996-04-16 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>So far, I know I can use ipinfo() to get some info. but not all of them.

some of that, including
>>udp.c:  (void) ioctl(udp_socket, SIOCGIFFLAGS, ifr) - get flags

is peculiar to specific unix implementations (ie, not common even amongst all unix implementations,
let alone plan 9), and isn't necessarily relevant.
what is the application?