* Graphic Cards
@ 1996-04-29 14:48 jim
From: jim @ 1996-04-29 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

The 16-Feb-96 update/cmd/aux/vga/824494834.rc on plan9.bell-labs.com contains
the changes to aux/vga for both the #9 Motion 771 and cards based on the
S3 Trio64 and Trio64V+.

--jim

* Graphic Cards
@ 1996-04-29 11:16 David
From: David @ 1996-04-29 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guther Imeyer writes:
> So do I have to buy a new card or can I use the S3 Trio64 on a
> plan9 somehow ?

I've been using a Videologic GrafixStar 300 with a S3 Trio 64, with no problems.

>From memory, the vgadb entry went something like this:

ctrl
        ctlr 0xC0044="VideoLogic GrafixStar 300"
        link=vga
        hwgc=s3hwgc
        ctlr=trio64

That's what I can remember, you'll need to check the details (I'm at
work at the moment :-(  ).

The nice bit is that since everything is on one chip, the
board manufacturer can't do anything to mess you up.

BUT!!

I've now got a 4MB VRAM #9FX Motion 771 with a 220Mhz IBMRGB524 and
an S3 Vision968 controller, which I've failed to get talking in
anything other than standard VGA mode. Does anyone have the magic
voodoo for vgadb, or will it require some more code? The drivers for
the ramdac and 968 are all there, but stringing them together has
proved beyond meagre abilities.

David Johnston

* Graphic Cards
@ 1996-04-29  8:27 Gunther
From: Gunther @ 1996-04-29  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
do there exist any new vgadb possibilities for a graphic card like the
Miro Crystal 22SD with the S3 Trio64 chip. Though it runs with the
640x400 and
an s3928 ctrl under vgadb it cannot be used for any other
resolution. What a pity !!