* problem in plan9
@ 1996-05-11 21:42 Min
From: Min @ 1996-05-11 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In our plan9 system, when you compile a program in window and do something in another
window. the program can not be compiled. But if closing another window, and compile
the program, just sitting to wait the compilation to complete. It can be compiled.

Similarly, if you "sam a file" and try to "sam another file" in another window. the
system will display "too many files".

It seemed to me that plan9 can not do muliple tasks in different windows simultaneously.

* problem in plan9
@ 1996-05-11 22:27 Steve
From: Steve @ 1996-05-11 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Min Huang <mhuang@cs.cornell.edu> wrote:
> It seemed to me that plan9 can not do muliple tasks in different windows

It seems to me that your system is not sufficiently configured for what
you are trying to do with it. Try installing some more memory perhaps.