* plan9
@ 1996-05-29 10:05 Boyd
From: Boyd @ 1996-05-29 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

    From: Min Huang <mhuang@CS.Cornell.EDU>

    In unix, we use "setenv" to set environment variable.
    I find out that plan9 doesn't support "setenv".
    How to set up environment variable in plan9?

i'm tired of this.  would you _please_ read the manual!

just what does getenv(2) say?

* plan9
@ 1996-05-29 15:08 Graham
From: Graham @ 1996-05-29 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> In unix, we use "setenv" to set environment variable.
> I find out that plan9 doesn't support "setenv".
> How to set up environment variable in plan9?
>
> Thank you very much

additionally to other mailings:
	env(3) is quite fruitful
	try compiling with the ape environment if you must

Graham Nash

* plan9
@ 1996-05-29 10:17 Ta-Wei
From: Ta-Wei @ 1996-05-29 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

RTFM, try putenv.

* plan9
@ 1996-05-29  2:22 Scott
From: Scott @ 1996-05-29  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Min Huang <mhuang@CS.Cornell.EDU> writes:
| In unix, we use "setenv" to set environment variable.

Only if we use csh, which we don't.

--
The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to it's feet
in the deepest part of a very deep lake.  -- Linus Torvalds

* plan9
@ 1996-05-29  2:01 David
From: David @ 1996-05-29  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> In unix, we use "setenv" to set environment variable.
> I find out that plan9 doesn't support "setenv".
> How to set up environment variable in plan9?

man rc

* plan9
@ 1996-05-29  1:52 Min
From: Min @ 1996-05-29  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-04-15 17:07 Min
From: Min @ 1996-04-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

ctl file.
I want to know the network configuration, flags, the network address,
SIOCGIFNETMASK, broadcast address.

Thank you very much

Stanley