* terminal and telnet
@ 1996-06-28 19:32 Ishwar
From: Ishwar @ 1996-06-28 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have plan9 running on a standalone PC/AT. I have two questions::

1. After telnet into UNIX box (SunOS) how does one define the
terminal type to do any work on the Sun?

2. What is the printer status? I have a laser printer connected to
parallel port, can it be used?

Thanks
<ishwar

* terminal and telnet
@ 1996-06-28 20:31 Scott
From: Scott @ 1996-06-28 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

rattan@cps201.cps.cmich.edu (Ishwar Rattan) writes:
| 1. After telnet into UNIX box (SunOS) how does one define the
| terminal type to do any work on the Sun?

>From a normal 9term, "dumb" is about right.  If you start a /bin/hp
window on plan 9, that corresponds to "2621" in termcap.