* How to set up a floppy only CPU server?
@ 1996-06-29 10:56 Raj
From: Raj @ 1996-06-29 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

unsubscribe
Octopus traps
summer's moonspun dreams
soon fade away.
Basho 1644

* How to set up a floppy only CPU server?
@ 1996-06-17 21:29 Ta-Wei
From: Ta-Wei @ 1996-06-17 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I just got another PC and I'd like to set it up as a CPU
server. Currently, I have the following configuration.

  File server: a PC running NeXTSTEP providing Plan 9 file system with
               u9fs and authentication server with auth.srv
  Terminal: a NeXT Cube

Now, the other PC has only one floppy drive and no harddrive. I want
to configure it to net boot from the file server to become a CPU
server. I try using b.com and 9pccpu. However, 9pccpu only recognize
il. I tried to recompile 9pccpu by seting CONF=pccpu in the mkfile. It
doesn't work. I tried using 9pc which has tcp option for file server
but it doesn't recognize the ether card (a 3Com 509/EISA, I think).

Is there anything I should try before I get a drive just to boot the
CPU server?

Thanks.