* problems receiving mail
@ 1996-07-29  1:48 Ed
From: Ed @ 1996-07-29  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can send mail from my plan9 system but cannot receive mail from remote
sites.   I am running the kernel from the book/cdrom distribution 0f 1995.

Remote mail from my plan9 system gets delivered okay.  Local mail is fine.
I can telnet to the plan9 system on port 25 and hand deliver a mail message
and it get put in my plan9 mailbox.  However, when sendmail tries to
talk to my plan9 system, the screen fills up with:

washoe jul 28 18:26 tcp call for tcp25 on chan /net/tcp/16
							18
							20
							22
							23
							25
							16

and this goes on until the system crashes.  washoe is the domain name of the
plan9 system.

Can someone point me in the diredction of where I have a configuration error?
I used to get mail on my old (pre publication release) of plan9, but have not
been able to get the new release to receive remote mail.

This message of being sent from unix so replies will be received.
Ed Wishart                           The only constant in life is change.
Computer Science Department/171
University of Nevada
Reno, NV 89557 USA
Internet: ed@cs.unr.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-07-29  1:48 UTC | newest]