* whereis 68020/9nextstation
@ 1996-08-01 16:17 Steve
From: Steve @ 1996-08-01 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gregory Charles Wuller <greg@phoenix.CSc.CAlpoly.EDU> wrote:
>I have what I believe to be the current distribution of the Plan9 CDROM,
>unfortunately I don't see the boot file for a NeXTStation which I
>thought was /68020/9nextstation.
>
>Am I missing something or was there more than one distribution??

Some filenames get remapped (due to long names, or strange chars in the name),
according to the /_conform.map file on the cdrom. If you mount the cdrom
under plan9, the mapping is taken care of by the 9660 driver,
but if you mount it under Unix, the correct filename will not be seen.

% grep 9nextstation _conform.map
F000036 9nextstationdisk
F000037 9nextstation
F000038 9nextstationnofs

So, if you get a listing of /68020, you'll find f000037 is the file you want.
--
Steve Kotsopoulos  M.Eng.                         steve@ecf.toronto.edu
Systems Analyst   Engineering Computing Facility, University of Toronto

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-08-01 16:17 UTC | newest]