* 9P (was Re: does Inferno run under Plan9 on a mips magnum 3000?)
@ 1996-09-13  7:39 Tim
From: Tim @ 1996-09-13  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Salz wrote:

> >  There isn't annother remote filesystem
> > protocol that is implementable from a document of less than 6 sides of
> > paper.
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on how hard it would be to add things like
> mutual authentication?  What about confidentiality (encrypting all traffic)?
> Or is the only answer "tunnel it inside SSL"?
>         /r$

I've given a _tiny_ amount of thought to that, and I figure that
encryption
would be pretty easy to add, just push all the protocol through an IDEA
filter
befor it hits the wire, and the reverse on the way back. The problem (of
course is key exchange, but I've some ideas for that in the java applet
context.

What's wrong with the existing auth in 9P ?

Tim.
--
Who: Tim Panton       Email: tpanton@ibm.net    Phone: +31 6 5348 1795
Post : Westhawk Ltd. Frederik Hendriklaan 89, 2582BW Den Haag. The

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-09-13  7:39 UTC | newest]