* C-Kermit and Plan 9
@ 1996-09-23 20:52 Frank
From: Frank @ 1996-09-23 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Plan 9 people.  I'm the Kermit guy.  I'm working on a new release of
C-Kermit (communications software, serial and TCP/IP; terminal connection,
file transfer, character-set translation, scripting), which to date has been
adapted to about 700 different platforms, but so far not yet to Plan 9.

Since Plan 9 is supposed to include POSIX APIs and a sockets library, which
C-Kermit already supports, I thought it would be worth trying to see if
C-Kermit could be built there, or what it would take to make it build.

Anybody want to take a shot at this?  Or, alternatively, does anyone have a
Plan 9 system that I could get telnet and ftp access to, and do it myself?

Thanks!

Frank da Cruz
Manager
Communications Software Development
Columbia University
612 West 115th Street
New York NY  10025-7721
USA
Email: fdc@columbia.edu

* C-Kermit and Plan 9
@ 1996-10-10  7:06 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1996-10-10  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Did I answer this?  Just grab the floppies off the net and boot it.  Comes
> with compiler and binaries.

If only. I've got about 50% of the way in compiling it for Frank.
Anyone in any doubt as to the validity of what Plan 9 left behind in
Unix should try porting C-Kermit!

Nigel Roles

* C-Kermit and Plan 9
@ 1996-10-10  0:04 presotto
From: presotto @ 1996-10-10  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-09-24  7:05 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1996-09-24  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Anybody want to take a shot at this?  Or, alternatively, does anyone have a
> Plan 9 system that I could get telnet and ftp access to, and do it myself?

Go on then. Tell me where the source is. I'll do it.

Nigel Roles