From: Scott Schwartz schwartz@galapagos.cse.psu.edu
Subject: Newbie question
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 18:04:43 -0400	[thread overview]

Peter Henning <peterh@gem.co.za> writes:
| When telnetting into unix from plan9, the terminal type shows up as
| "9win" or somthing like that....

Add to /etc/termcap:
	p9|9term|p9win: :am:bl=^G:do=^J:nl=^J:
Or just use "dumb".

| What's the simplest way of getting the right kind of termcap entry for a
| plan9 client in unix? I use plan9 at home, and need to telnet to unix at
| the office but it is pretty messy with the default settings.

/bin/hp

Speaking of that, I spent some time arranging to have the keyboard
driver deliver distinct characters for the four arrow keys (using the
same values that 9term does under unix), and arranging for hp to emit
the right function key sequences for them.  But here the Guys From New
Jersey have defeated us, since the 2621's arrow keys send a carrage
return at the end, which confuses vi and emacs (although nvi works
ok), so I never posted the patches.  (sigh.)