* Looks like those boys have a copy of the OED arround
@ 1996-10-16 21:40 Scott
From: Scott @ 1996-10-16 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tom Glinos, x4302" <tg@utstat.toronto.edu> writes:
| portmanteau?
| hermeneutics?
|
| Hmmm. It seems that Plan 9 and its ilk may be generating a renaissance
| of the English language as well as computing.

Don't get Rob started on "prepend" again.

By the way, if the mnt driver starts complaining about replies not
matching requests is that indicative of a bug?  I started getting those
messages in response to attempted network connections when our telecom
people decided to randomize the routing tables for the night.

* Looks like those boys have a copy of the OED arround
@ 1996-10-16 23:22 philw
From: philw @ 1996-10-16 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

>By the way, if the mnt driver starts complaining about replies not
>matching requests is that indicative of a bug?  I started getting those
>messages in response to attempted network connections when our telecom
>people decided to randomize the routing tables for the night.

Yes. It means that tags for incoming responses dont match the
reply type expected. We usually only see it when file servers
are incorrectly implemented.

phil

* Looks like those boys have a copy of the OED arround
@ 1996-10-16 21:47 Russ
From: Russ @ 1996-10-16 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Subject: Looks like those boys have a copy of the OED arround

% man 7 dict

* Looks like those boys have a copy of the OED arround
@ 1996-10-16 20:55 Tom