* Multiple ethernet cards
@ 1996-10-21 15:38 Stephen
From: Stephen @ 1996-10-21 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

The support for multiple ether cards is not complete in the
stock plan9 system.  ip/ipconfig, devether and stip need some work.

* Multiple ethernet cards
@ 1996-10-21 14:25 Richard
From: Richard @ 1996-10-21 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can a Plan 9 PC being used as terminal or cpu server use
2 ethernet cards at the same time?  Preferrably the cards
would be the same type.

I have a Plan9 PC that I've installed two 3Com cards in.
The 3c509 driver sees both cards because I get a message
for each card during boot giving the IRQs and ethernet addesses.
However, I only have acces to one of the cards through
/net/ether.  After looking at the code, it appears that
devether.c, the top level ethernet driver that serves
/net/ether, is only designed to support one card.  Has
anyone updated the driver to support multiple cards, or
is there some other way to access the second card?

Thanks,
Rick Yoder