* problem with compose key on sun keyboard (+ fix)
@ 1996-10-24  8:48 jm
From: jm @ 1996-10-24  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob Pike can be suspicious, it's my use of the keyboard that was bugged.
Until today, I used the Compose (on sun) or Alt (on pc) like a Control or
Shift key, keeping it pressed while typing 1 and 2 to get ½, for example.

Nevertheless, if one keeps Compose pressed (on a SLC at least), it repeats
the last typed character.

* problem with compose key on sun keyboard (+ fix)
@ 1996-10-23 14:43 rob
From: rob @ 1996-10-23 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

The compose key certainly works on some versions of Sparcstations.
In my experience, though, the keyboards are not all the same.  I'd like
some more information or at least corroboration before recommending
this change wholesale.

-rob

* problem with compose key on sun keyboard (+ fix)
@ 1996-10-23  2:17 jm
From: jm @ 1996-10-23  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a bug in /sys/src/9/ss/screen.c : the compose key acts
like a repeat key ; it is a problem for me, when I am trying to
find the accent on my keyboard: the previous key is repeated.

A simple fix is to move the kbdrepeat(1) in the kbdstate function
in /sys/src/9/ss/screen.c, for example to :
	if(ch == 0xB6){	/* Compose */
		kbdrepeat(0);
		collecting = 1;
		nk = 0;