* keyboard problems?
@ 1996-11-03  3:14 Russ
From: Russ @ 1996-11-03  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Every once in a while (like just now), my newly purchased
NMB keyboard (complete with Win95 keys; I couldn't get one
without them) causes Plan 9 to go into ``Caps Lock'' mode.
Its not that Caps Lock gets turned on, but that Plan 9
doesn't seem to notice the Shift key going back up or something,
and everything I type, whether I hold shift down or not, is
in all capitals, rendering text input basically useless.

What I usually do is assemble ``cat /dev/cons'' from tex
s/tex/text
already on the screen, send it, and then type a whole mess
of stuff really fast, which seems to overload the keyboard
buffer or something and turn ``Caps Lock'' back off.

Does this happen to anyone else?  Ideas on how to fix?

Thanks.
Russ

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-11-03  3:14 UTC | newest]