* Fileserver again..
@ 1996-11-07 15:31 Ish
From: Ish @ 1996-11-07 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I asked for help this morning. No response yet. Another question: is
it possible to mount the fileserver disk under kfs and copy /adm/users
to it? I can't make it work.

mkdir /n/scsi
bind -a '#'w0 /dev
mount -c /srv/kfs /n/scsi /dev/sd0partition

results in ../n/scsi: attach -- bad argument

Also is it possible to remove plan9 filesystem from disk, so that it
can be reinstalled from cd-rom?

Ishwar Rattan

>The Plan9 file server crashed due to power outage. After reboot it
>complains about /adm/users file missing.. The console message is
>	..
>	fs is "main"
>	cmd_users: cannot find /adm/users
>	..
>Due to this a terminal can't attach to the file server. I tried
>to reinstall it from cd-rom but face the problem of not being
>able to attach to the server. Newuser command also complains about
>not being able to open /adm/users for write.. I have even tried to
>overwrite the SCSI disk but have had no success.. Is there a way out?
>
>Please help.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-11-07 15:31 UTC | newest]