* effort duplication
@ 1996-11-17 23:29 Scott
From: Scott @ 1996-11-17 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

One more for the list:  Anyone done a screen blanker?

* effort duplication....
@ 1996-11-18  1:27 Brandon
From: Brandon @ 1996-11-18  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Along the lines of the "effort duplication" problem.. I have a few other
wishlist items which I've been considering trying to work on (some are
hopelessly beyond my skill level though)...

An audio CD player...

Terminal emulators like the hp2621 one, for more common term types like
vt10[02], vt220, xterm, etc...

drivers for some popular PCI FDDI cards... Fast Ethernet cards would be
nice too, but FDDI is of course much better :)

Maybe it would make all of this easier and encourage people a little more
if someone were to set up a "project registry" of who is working on what,
and what the status of their project is... make it easy to see if
something you were thinking about is already in the works, and who's doing
it.  All it would take is a concise one-entry-per-line text file
maintained on an ftp site by someone who has a few minutes left over each
day.

* effort duplication
@ 1996-11-17 21:04 Russ
From: Russ @ 1996-11-17 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

has anyone written an smb client for plan 9?
(smb is the network file system protocol used by
win/nt, 95, wfwg, etc.)

has anyone written a mac hfs file system srv?

has anyone added midi support to devaudio?
	(for the sound blaster, that is)

russ