* IR description
@ 1997-01-13 10:56 beto
From: beto @ 1997-01-13 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <199701131809.NAA04258@dante.mh.lucent.com>
 ericvh@dante.mh.lucent.com (Eric Van Hensbergen) wrote:

> > Could someone from the Inferno group describe which
> > infrared remote control you are using: brand and model.
> > I'd like to get one for my PC.
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >

> There is support in the Native kernel for the Mindpath IR device.  However, the
> native kernel is not distributed on the web or in the CD distribution.
>
> 				-Eric

I looked at ir.b and it seems to me that we don't need native inferno for it.
The infrared control connects to a serial port so we don't need a
special driver for it. Is this correct?

* IR description
@ 1997-01-13 18:30 philw
From: philw @ 1997-01-13 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

The remote we use is just a normal universal
remote built by One For All. However the
receiver is q board I built that converts
received code into RS-232. Its just a PAL,
decoder and amplifier. I would be happy
to make the schematics available.

phil

* IR description
@ 1997-01-13 18:09 Eric
From: Eric @ 1997-01-13 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1997-01-13 11:40 beto
From: beto @ 1997-01-13 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <199701131834.NAA13766@cse.psu.edu>
 philw@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> The remote we use is just a normal universal
> remote built by One For All. However the
> receiver is q board I built that converts
> received code into RS-232. Its just a PAL,
> decoder and amplifier. I would be happy
> to make the schematics available.

:-(. I though the device would connect
directly to the RS-232.

* IR description
@ 1997-01-13 11:06 beto
From: beto @ 1997-01-13 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <199701131820.NAA13471@cse.psu.edu>
 beto@ncube.com wrote:

> There is support in the Native kernel for the Mindpath IR device.  However, the
> native kernel is not distributed on the web or in the CD distribution.

I think I should explain that I'm using inferno under plan9 so
accesing devices like audio and serial is just a matter of
binding the plan9 devices on /usr/inferno/dev and then
starting emu (almost true, it's a little more complicated)

In this I should be able to run ir.b. shouldn't I?

* IR description
@ 1997-01-13  9:38 beto