* even primes
@ 1997-01-25 21:51 Thomas
From: Thomas @ 1997-01-25 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

The cmd primes on my 386 gives even numbers for the result:
eg
primes 55 456 567 778 889 557  55 456 567 778 889 657 (spaces for readability)
returns about 6 even numbers.
Will someone kindly try this on a 386 and report?
TNX
TW

* even primes
@ 1997-01-26  6:53 rob
From: rob @ 1997-01-26  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

For what it's worth, the primes program is an old V7 warhorse that hasn't
been touched in years (since 1983 at least).  It gives the same even numbers on
our Unix machines around here as it does on our Plan 9 systems.  Since the
program is old and venerable, like its author, and since the primes you're
asking for are close to the documented limit of its capabilities, I have only
one suggest: look for smaller primes.

-rob