From: Bengt Kleberg Bengt.Kleberg@uab.ericsson.se
Subject: Hardware
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 11:39:04 +0100	[thread overview]

In article <199701240740.CAA04462@istar.ca>, delerium@istar.CA (Mike Roth) writes:
> I'm trying to get a Plan 9 network running at school, however, it's
> been a while and I don't know if it will run on the hardware I have
> available.  Currently I have a couple of Sun 4's and some Sun 350s.

Sun4's run out-of-the-box. The FAQ will direct you to two sources of
modifications to the 68020 port that will run on Sun3-50.

> As well I have a bunch of disckless machines which I would like to
> use a dumb terminals, however I am unsure as to how I can boot them
> with a boot disk.  Any help would be appreciated.

To run diskless machines you can boot over the network. Either use the
standard Sun netboot system (see the FAQ for the specifiq names that
must be used) or you can compile the generic Unix bootp that is
included on the CD-ROM (and use any names you want).

--
Best Wishes, Bengt
Email: Bengt.Kleberg@enea.se (Enea Data AB, Sweden)