* grap troubles
@ 1997-02-02 14:16 Russ
From: Russ @ 1997-02-02 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've had problems with grap garbling unicode
inside the G1/G2 pair, but unicode outside the
graph seems to be left alone.  Inside the
G1/G1, unicode becomes a single 0xE2 for me.

Input of
	term% cat /tmp/graph
	♚
	♘
	♟
	♝
	♗
	.G1
	label left "white ♛"
	label bot "black ♕"
	1 2
	3 4
	5 6
	7 8
	.G2
	term%
illustrates this nicely.  It is also telling that
running 'grap -d' on this file commits suicide.

Anyone else with ideas?

* grap troubles
@ 1997-02-02 17:05 Scott
From: Scott @ 1997-02-02 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Grap uses lex, whose manpage says it cannot handle UTF.  That could be
the problem.

* grap troubles
@ 1997-02-02 11:35 David
From: David @ 1997-02-02 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting grap to work at
the moment.  I prepared a graph in a separate file, and when
I got it working, I cut and pasted the file into my document.
Now all I get is an empty box!  It looks like grap might be
allergic to UTF -- I make quite liberal use of unicode characters
in my document, and they seem to be getting screwed up now
(but they didn't before I added the graph).

Has anyone seen any problems with grap's treatment of UTF,
and perhaps even have a fix?

It's almost enough to make me want to use MS Word...