From: Brandon Black vis_blb@unx1.shsu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Plan9 on NeXT
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:12:16 -0600	[thread overview]

Well, I haven't been running plan 9 for the past several months, because
I no longer wanted to use up 3 PC's for it at the house...  However, my
company is now ditching some old NeXT hardware, so I'm looking at using
that......

They're all 040's.... some plain 68040-25 "NeXTstations" mainly, and one
"Color", one "Turbo", and one "Color Turbo".  I'm pretty sure the Turbos
mean 68040-33Mhz.

>From what I understand from "The Various Ports", any of these should work
for terminals.. (I would probably take home the Color and Color Turbo for
terminals and get monitors for them... I've found the NeXT hardware faqs
and some NeXT resale shops to help with that)...

Question is, can I use a NeXTstation Turbo as a CPU server?  If I
remember right, the cpu server kernel and terminal kernel are only
slightly different.. so I would think yes... but nowhere in the manuals
is there mention of a "9nextstationcpu" kernel.

Brandon