From: Patrick E. Hacker patrick.e.hacker@tek.COM
Subject: [9fans] 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Sun,  3 May 1998 09:41:31 -0700	[thread overview]

Russ Cox (rsc@pan9.bell-labs.com) suggested I try:
A:\> b hd!0!9dos
I received the following:

Protected-mode bootstrap
hd0: LBA 8248472 sectors, -71237632 bytes
Cannot access device: fd!0!9dos
Boot devices: hd!0 h!0
boot from:

Seems it doesn't like my floppy controller?!

That would tend to point to incompatible
chip set or unexpected timing issues.
The manual indicates the following chips on
board (sorry I'm not familiar with the Intel line
so I'm not sure which one handles the floppy)
Intel Pemtium-MMX
82437VX
82371SB

I'll need to open it up to check on bus speeds.

I'll also try moving the floppy controller to
an AHA1540/42CP SCSI controller.

Thanks for helping!