From: jim mckie jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
Subject: [9fans] Installing plan9
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:32:39 -0400	[thread overview]

that print will only come from the driver if debugging is on (is it?).
since the request-sense is only used to clear any lingering state, it's probably
ok to just delete the test completely, any real error will cause the error-stack
to be called.
if debugging isn't on then the print comes from the similar test on the capacity
command which would be more serious as more bytes were returned than asked for.
if debugging is on i'd expect a lot more diagnostic output.

back to the original problem. have you ever had plan9 running on this machine?
in mail you said the disk is 3GB. check the 'start' argument to ataxfer is a ulong.
b.com has a similar problem.

--jim

From: hamnavoe.demon.co.uk!miller
To: cse.psu.edu!9fans
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:43:04 BST
Subject: Re: [9fans] Installing plan9
Sender: cse.psu.edu!owner-9fans

The message

> cmd=00, lastcmd=A0 cdsize count 14, status 0x50, error 0x00

probably means that an ATAPI cd-rom is returning 14 bytes of data
instead of 18 to a Creqsense command.  That's what my Mitsumi FX400
does.  You can make the message go away by changing
	if(cp->count != 18){         /* ?Mitsumi? */
	if(cp->count != 18 && cp->count != 14){
in devata.c (it doesn't seem to do any harm).

-- Richard Miller