From: mark_otto@mail.fws.gov mark_otto@mail.fws.gov
Subject: [9fans] hi
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:50:31 -0700	[thread overview]

Broadcasting your advertisements to listserves at random violates the
purpose of these mail groups.  Not send mail to 9fans again.  If you do I
will send bulk mail about money making schemes again, I will check into the
legality of your operation.  I also sent a copy of your letter to AOL.Com.

     CyberKat75@aol.com broadcast the following message to the 9fans
     mail listserve.  This group is about operating systems and has
     nothing to do with the money making scheme your member was
     advertising.  I would like you to warn him about interfering with
     listserves unrelated to his business.  If he continues, you
     should drop him from your service.  I also question that his
     "business" is legal.

     _________________________________
From: CyberKat75@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:14:10 EDT
Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu
To: undisclosed-recipients:;Subject: [9fans] hi
Author:  <9fans@cse.psu.edu > at ~internet
Date:    31-08-98 2:00 PM

Get over five million people to send you $2.00 without spending any money!
Absolutely no junk mailing or e-mailing is involved.  This complete
instruction booklet will show you step by step how to reach over five million
people for free, how to get them to each send you $2.00, and proof that it
works.  This simple technique can and will work for you guaranteed!

If you are interested then this booklet can be yours for only $3.00.  With
your package you will receive a phone number and a personalized seven digit
code.  Your address is recorded with your seven digit code so if for any
reason you are unsatisfied with the information you receive, call the number,
enter in your seven digit code then hang up and your money will be mailed back
to you automatically, no questions asked!

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Send $3.00 or any questions to:

Goldtec Publications
15030 Ventura Blvd, Suite 903
Sherman Oaks, CA  91403

You are not put on to any mailing lists whatsoever.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
This message complies with the proposed United States Federal requirements
for commercial email plus Washington State Commercial Email Bill. for
information see: http://www.senate.gov/~murkowski/commercialemail/
EMailAmendText.html  and for Washington State Commercial Email Bill:
http://ww.wa.gov/wwweb/AGO/ sender information: Goldtec Publications, Sherman
Oaks, CA  91403  To stop future mailings from us at no cost to you, please <A
HREF="mailto:remove@remove-list.com">CLICK HERE</A> to send us an email and
type "remove" in the subject line.