From: forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk
Subject: [9fans] rsynth, yes enjoyed much
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:22:25 +0100	[thread overview]

The dictionary makes a big difference to the accuracy of the speech.

The libdbm I referred to in the README isn't libgdbm
(though it probably wouldn't be too hard to get that to work,
once you've waded through the usual `configure' nonsense).
It's related to the original one in 7th Edition Unix.
I did it when I still had access to Unix sources,
and I hadn't the right to distribute it.  As I said in the README,
it might just as well use binary search in this application
(there are fancier schemes but the quantity of text you'd like
to hear this way is sufficiently limited that it's hardly worthwhile using them).