On Sep 21, 2009, at 3:32 PM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Patrick Kelly > wrote: > > On Sep 21, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Jack Norton wrote: > > ron minnich wrote: > 2.7M lines last year > 10K lines added a day. > 5K lines deleted per day. > > I keep thinking this can't be sustained. What happens next? > > At the same time, well, as pointed out, we all use it all the time. > I'm sending this from gmail. > > Or you can use Linux by googling these stats :-) > > ron > > > Here is a little related tidbit: > http://lwn.net/Articles/222773/ > It shows employer/company vs. changed lines/contributions etc... > I think this has as much to do with the state of the linux kernel > as the overall design and ideal therein. It defines the 'new' open > source. I don't think something this large can benifit anymore > from open source (as in open 'all the time' to anyone, everywhere -- > as opposed to let's say apple's version of open source dev). The > development scheme just doesn't scale. > In any event, I'm still waiting for the damn thing to fork... > > Fork... That's true, everything under the sun has forked, except the > Linux kernel... > > Except for the times when the linux kernel was forked for PPC > support :-). > > Or the fork for running linux on L4. > > or.... Last thing I new all of these ports were merged back into the main tree. Although I guess that would still be considered a port. > > > > > > -Jack > > >