From: rudolf.sykora@gmail.com
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] how to use secstore in p9p
Date: Sun,  9 Dec 2012 16:18:32 +0100	[thread overview]

> Please apply the following patch. It should fix your problem.
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/6906057
>
> cd $PLAN9
> hget http://codereview.appspot.com/download/issue6906057_2002.diff | patch -p1
> cd src/cmd/auth/factotum/
> mk nuke && mk install && mk clean
>
> This is a remnant of a bug we fixed two years ago.
>
> --
> David du Colombier

Thanks for the patch. This helped and what I wanted (with secstore)
now works. Still I dare have a few remaining questions:

When I now run factotum, I get:

;factotum
redstar Dec  9 15:08:15 secstore from ?!?
secstore password:
redstar Dec  9 15:08:18 secstore from ?!?
redstar Dec  9 15:08:52 AUTH ruda
redstar Dec  9 15:08:52 [ruda] GET factotum

redstar Dec  9 15:08:52 [ruda] BYE

which is ok, but there still is a few-second-long delay (say 10 sec)
between me entering the password and the response (initially I thought
the thing had hung again). So
1/ Why is there the delay?
2/ What does the 'secstore from ?!?' message want to convey?

Finally,
3/ I've created an empty $PLAN9/ndb/auth file in order to get rid of the
'no ndb/auth' message, which used to appear when trying to run the
'sectore' command. What is this all about?

Thanks again for the working patch and for any potential answer to my
questions!

Ruda