From: Kenji Okamoto <okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp>
To: vester.thacker@gmail.com, 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Creating a Plan 9 exhibit for an Expo.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:47:16 +0900	[thread overview]

> I want to create a Plan 9 demo/exhibit for an Expo and for local
> presentations in Japan. It is my desire to help Plan 9 become more
> widely recognized, understood,
> and used.

You mean Expo in Japan?  If so which Expo? When?
In a general sense, I think it's nice to us, Plan 9 users.

> I am looking for suggestions for creating a demo, and any lessons
> learned from earlier attempts.  Any help or advice is greatly
> appreciated.

If you need some help on Japanese input etc, I can help you.

I had a negative experience of such kind at Vita's lecture series at
Tokyo.   Very few people attended, probably because of very highly
expensive fee, and it was undertaken in English in Japan.  Another
negative factor at that time was a problem of Japanese counterpart
of Vita.   They had no will to make it success, never advertized etc.

If you are planning it seriously, you should know most of Japanese
programmers cannot hear/speak English.   They are not so educated
at the Univ. etc.   Here, I don't mean that those programmers are
lesser quality, rather opposite sense.   The programmer who hear/speaks
English may be educated outside, which means thay may have miss
understanding of Japanese's needs for those problems.   Great
programmers I know in Japan cannot ususally speak/hear English.

Most of so-called Japanese establishments in IT industry are those
who knows little about technology, rather they are just working in
economics or politics☺ area.   They are just copying the new inventions
at US, sigh...

Kenji