* [9fans] Using patch
@ 2005-01-04  8:52 Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-01-04  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Fans,

Where I can read (not only man pages) about patch system of plan9?
Does I have write permission to sources/patch?

What kind of patches I may send to sources/patch?
At this moment I have trhee ideas to patch:
   ukrainian keyboard map
   russian keyboard map
   improve hide function for winwatch

I use plan9 through WMVare under WinXP, and now I have trouble with
network (damned SP2 don't work properly). Can I send patch through
other ways?
--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                          mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] Using patch
@ 2005-01-04 15:16 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-01-04 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

patches aren't written up anywhere except the man pages.  you can look
at the 9fans archives to see how the idea came up, but that's it.

yes, you have write permissions to /n/sources/patch/, and you can send
any patches that you think may be useful, but keep in mind that they
may end up not being accepted by Bell Labs' developers (see
/n/sources/patch/sorry).

if you don't have a network working on your installation you can get
an account on a publicly available plan9 machine (mordor.tip9ug.jp is
the only one operational right now) and use patch/create there.
sending patches to 9fans often has no effect...

andrey