* [9fans] acme: loading sets of windows
@ 2009-03-17  4:28 Michael Brown
From: Michael Brown @ 2009-03-17  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Recently I've been finding it useful to open sets of windows in acme
via an rc script, but I have the feeling I'm doing it in a pretty
inelegant way (see basic version of my script below). This has led me
to the following questions:

1. Is there a way to load dumps into a current acme instance via rc?
2. Is there a way to create and delete columns via 9p?

*****

#!/usr/local/plan9/bin/rc

fn openset {
	for(i in $set) B $i
}

# Hard-delete all open acme windows.
fn cleanslate {
	for(i in `{9p ls acme | 9 grep '[0-9]+'}) {
		echo delete | 9p write acme/$i/ctl
	}
	# Avoids pollution of the ps environment.
	killall E >[2]/dev/null
}

switch($1) {
case -a
	set = ( /path/1 /path/2 )
case *
	set = ( /path/3 /path/4 /path/5 )
}

cleanslate
openset

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-03-17  4:28 UTC | newest]