* [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc
@ 2008-03-03  6:32 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2008-03-03  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

here's an idea from brucee for a gsoc project.  he did a
proof-of-concept earlier today.  basically take something like this:

http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/heap.jpg

and transform it into this:

http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/emptyarena.jpg

with this as the byproduct:

http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/contentaddressablestacks.jpg

he is searching for the right graduate student to mentor for this fine
art.

* Re: [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc
@ 2008-03-03  8:49 ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2008-03-03  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

In the Russian army:

Sgt.: Who is a painter here?
Soldier: I'm the painter.
Sgt.: Well, take this axe and draw me a stack of firewood in the morning.

--
Best regards,
   santucco

* Re: [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc
@ 2008-03-03 19:18   ` Martin Harriss
From: Martin Harriss @ 2008-03-03 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Alexander Sychev wrote:
> In the Russian army:
>
> Sgt.: Who is a painter here?
> Soldier: I'm the painter.
> Sgt.: Well, take this axe and draw me a stack of firewood in the morning.

That one sounds like it was written by Milligan.

Martin

* Re: [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc
@ 2008-03-04  8:49     ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2008-03-04  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It's just a quite popular joke in Russia.
Actually, in the Russian army such kind a "humor" really takes a place.
For example:
"dig a ditch from the fence till the dusk"

--
Best regards,
   santucco